Kielbasa, Peppers and Potato
· 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 tbsp unsalted butter
· 1 lb potatoes, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 lb kielbasa, cut into ¼" rounds
· 1 onion, thinly sliced
· 1 - 2 bell peppers, chopped
1. Heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook until browned on one side, 6 to 7 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the potatoes from the skillet with a slotted spoon.
3. If the skillet is looking dry, add another tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Add the kielbasa and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
5. Add the onions and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and translucent and the peppers and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir the potatoes back in and continue cooking for another minute or two. Check seasonings and serve.
1. In dutch oven, brown potatoes, kielbasa, onion and peppers in oil.
2. Add seasonings and water.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover tightly and cook for 20 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
5. Uncover and put cheese on top.
6. Simmer until cheese is melted.
Grilled Pesto Pizza
· 1 package Italian Sausage/Brats
· 1 cup warm water (110° too 115°F)
· 2 teaspoons sugar
· 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
· 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
· 1 package Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
· season to taste with salt and pepper
· 1 medium green pepper, cut in half
· 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, cut in half
· 1/2 cup prepared pesto
· 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
· 1 cup torn basil leaves
1. To prepare pizza dough: In a small bowl, whisk water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast on top of water. Let stand until mixture bubbles, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center, pour yeast mixture into well and mix until dough is smooth. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Form dough into ball. Place in an oiled bowl, turning once to oil top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled. About 1-1/2 hours. Meanwhile, preheat a grill to medium-high.
2. To prepare grilled vegetables: In a bowl, toss onion wedges with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place onions on grill, cook until tender; turning to cook evenly. In the same bowl, toss mushrooms with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill until softened, turning after 2 minutes preside. Repeat with green and red peppers, brush with olive oil and grill until softened and lightly roasted. On a cutting board, slice grilled onion wedges, cut grilled mushrooms in half and slice grilled peppers. Arrange all grilled vegetables on a baking sheet, set aside.
3. Place sausage/brats on grill and cook until done. Remove from grill and cut into ¼ inch slices. Reduce grill heat to medium-low.
4. Divide pizza dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each piece into a 7-inchx12-inch rectangle, about 1/8-inch thick. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil and place dough onto sheet. Carefully lift dough from baking sheet and place on grill, oiled side up. Cook for 5 minutes or until or until dough puffs up and underside is firm.
5. With tongs turn dough and remove from grill to clean surface. Brush with olive oil and spread pesto evenly over surface. Evenly divide fresh mozzarella, grilled vegetables and prepare sausage slices over crusts. Return to grill. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
6. Remove pizza from grill to a cutting board. Sprinkle with greens, basil and drizzle with additional olive oil. Cut and enjoy!