· 1 package Breakfast Sausage Links
· 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 2 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
· 1/2 cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
· 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
· 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 8 eggs
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
· 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1. Prepare sausage links according to package directions. Drain, allow to cool slightly and cut into thirds.
2. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoons of oil and fry potatoes until golden; remove from pan and set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet, sauté peppers and onion until crisp-tender.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, oregano and pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet with vegetables. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set.
4. Gently stir in sausage and potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese, remove from heat; cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve.
Polish Kielbasa Cabbage
· 1 package Polish Kielbasa
· 1 cup carrot, sliced ¼ inch
· 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 1 small head of cabbage, cut into wedges
· 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 2 packages (24 ounces each) refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes
1. In a large skillet, sauté sausage, carrot, and onion in butter until onion is tender.
2. Add the cabbage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, covered 14-16 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat potatoes according to package directions.
4. Serve with sausage mixture.
Grilled Italian brats
· 1 large (1-inch x 9-inch x 2 3/8-inch) aluminum foil baking pan
· 1 bottle (750 ml) White Merlot wine
· 1 medium green pepper, julienned
· 1 large sweet red or yellow pepper, julienned
· 1 jar (16 ounces) cocktail onions, drained
· 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
· 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
· 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or basil, chopped
· 2 packages Italian Brats
1. Preheat grill to medium-low heat.
2. In a disposable foil pan, combine the wine, peppers, onions, olives, garlic and parsley.
3. Place on the grill; cover with foil. Bring to a slow simmer.
4. Meanwhile, grill sausage until done.
5. When sausage is browned and fully cooked (180˚F), transfer links to the wine steam bath.
6. Cover and keep warm until guests arrive.
7. Try Chardonnay or your favorite white wine. Be creative - add yellow onion, sun dried tomatoes or stuffed green olives. For richer flavor, grill peppers and onions before adding to the wine.