One Pot Creamy Kielbasa and Onion Pasta
· 2 Tablespoons oil
· 1 large onion - chopped
· 1 package smoked kielbasa sliced into coins
· 2 cloves garlic - chopped
· 4 cups chicken broth
· 2 10 oz cans petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
· 1 cup whole milk
· 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
· 1 16 oz. box penne pasta
· ½ cup mozzarella cheese
· ½ cup parmesan cheese
· salt & pepper to taste
1. In a deep skillet on medium heat, heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, saute the onions and kielbasa. Until the onions are translucent and the kielbasa has a nice crust around the edges.
2. Add in the garlic, stir and cook for a minute or 2 until soft. Be careful not to burn it.
3. Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes,milk, parsley and pasta. Cook until the pasta is al dente. Stirring often so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the skillet.
4. Once the pasta is al dente, season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top with both types of cheese. Remove from the heat and put a lid on your pot. Just to help melt the cheese.
6. Serve with crusty garlic bread to sop up all of that flavorful sauce!