Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Barbecue Beans
6 hours 10 mins
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Barbecue Beans is the perfect chilly day recipe!
Made with three different beans, molasses, bacon, and kielbasa - it's pure comfort food!
Author: Trish - Mom On Timeout
Serves: 12 servings
· 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
· 2 15.8 oz Great Norther beans, drained and rinsed
· 1 15.25 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
· 1 onion, diced
· ½ cup barbecue sauce
· ¾ cup ketchup
· 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tbsp mustard
· 1 tsp chili powder
· 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
· ½ cup maple syrup
· ¼ cup molasses
· 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
· ½ lb bacon, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
· 2 lbs Kielbasa, cut into bite size pieces
1. In a large slow cooker, add all of the ingredients except for the kielbasa and stir gently to combine.
2. Place the kielbasa on top and cover with the lid.
3. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours. Stir in the kielbasa before serving.
I recommend the low setting for this recipe because on high, the beans tend to get dried out.
If you need to cook on high due to time constraints, monitor the beans and add more broth or water if necessary.
Barbecue Grilled Kielbasa Dinner Packets
· 1 lb kielbasa, cut in 2 inch thick slices
· 2 large red potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
· 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· salt and pepper
· 2 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil, 18 x 16 inches
1. Preheat barbecue grill.
2. Place kielbasa, potatoes and onion on a double layer of foil and drizzle with oil.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and toss.
4. Fold edges of foil together to seal packet.
5. Cover and grill 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.